Given my sporadic posting, it’s truly heart-warming to have people follow, read and comment on my posts. So as you can probably imagine, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I got a note from the lovely Laura (http://alifeindisguise.blogspot.it) telling me she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m delighted to have been nominated by someone with the most daydream-inspiring photos, honest, witty and scholarly commentary, not to mention a mutual affinity for punk rock. Thank you so much Laura!
The Versatile Blogger Award rules:
1. Show the award on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs.
5. Link your nominees’ blogs and let them know.
1. I live in Melbourne, Australia. Melbourne the place to be for the food/coffee, live music and art obsessed. It’s Tokyo, San Francisco and Paris all rolled into one. This multicultural metropolis hypnotised me and stole my heart way back when I was underage teenager travelling up with my friends to sneak into punk shows at dive bars. I made the leap to the big smoke 8 years ago now, with the love affair growing bigger by the year. Having grown up on a farm/property on the outskirts of a southern Victorian country town, I will have a soft spot for the Australian bush though.
2. I love heavy metal, hardcore and punk. When I tell people at work this, I usually get, “WHAAAAT?? HAHAHA....NO!!!?”. Yep, for realz. The louder, faster, more brutal, the better. A pencil skirt and sleek corporate ponytail has proven to be a pretty good disguise for this little thrash demon.
3. I adore animals. In particular, I love dogs. I am THAT girl that will follow you down the street so I can pat and dote over your dog. Alas, I don’t have any pets, so I get to googling whenever I need a furry emotional outlet. If I find that I’m stressed, I’ll google baby pigmy marmosets. If ever I’m sad, baby platypi. Annoyed; named and shamed dogs (seriously google this one, it’s hilarious! I challenge you not to break out into a fit of laughter flicking through pages of this). Happy; baby donkeys. And so on. You get the picture...
4. I’m as blind as a bat but some reason really good at darts...
5. I am a natural redhead. A genetic mutation I perceived as a curse and tried to dye away from existence until I was 23 years old. Much like my relationship with mushrooms, something in my head just switched one day and completely changed my tune. I really dig it now. Red hair is actually awesome.
6. I’m a travel junkie, but I did not step foot on an airplane until I was 19 years old. I grew up, the youngest of four kids, raised by my single mother. Holidays and flights just weren’t something our family could ever afford.
7. I met my boyfriend at a bachelor party. And no, I wasn’t the entertainment! The groom was a really good friend of mine and invited me because he considered me ‘one of the guys and it wouldn’t be the same’ without me there.
Now to nominate the blogs I think are worthy of an award! Drum roll please...
Flora Amalie - http://princessinferno.blogspot.com/
Jessica - http://globalgirltravels.com
Beth - http://www.alphabeth.co.uk
Emsy - http://www.emsypickle.co.uk/
Joana - http://ijoanaemma.blogspot.pt/
Tabitha - http://Amour-tabitha.blogspot.co.uk
Abigail - http://travelstrainersandtea.com/
Ciara - http://marblmoon.blogspot.co.uk/
Adrianna - http://www.acozykitchen.com
Maria - http://Beardieboo.blogspot.